REQUIREMENTS AND REGULATIONS
FOR THE ROOKIES GOLF SOCIETY 2012
You are very welcome to join our "Rookies Golf Society" if you qualify for any of the categories below. We currently have 2 categories in our ladies golf society. CATEGORY 2 (9 Holes) This category is designed for the complete beginner with little or no experience on a golf course and for those of you who have just recently taken up the game of golf, provided you have had some coaching or are doing so at this moment in time. CATEGORY 1 (18 holes) This category is designed for those of you who are progressing quickly and is also for the golfer with a little more experience than a total beginner.
PLEASE UNDERSTAND YOU MAY BE SHIFTED FROM CATEGORY TO CATEGORY DURING THE SEASON DEPENDING ON YOUR PERFORMANCE.
REGULATIONS Before you play your first 9 holes you must have at least a half set of golf clubs (one must be a putter) and no more than 14 clubs in total. Golf shoes and the proper attire, Jeans, tracksuits and trainers are not permitted on any golf course or in the club house at any stage.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- This is an excellent introductory way of playing along side other players of a similar level.
- Our outings are all on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon and run approximately every 3 weeks which may be suitable for people working during the week.
- It is good fun and great experience before you eventually join a golf club.
- Our prices are very competitive.
- We will have various informative meetings during the season.
- We have a fantastic weekend away toward the end of the year. Plus other extras including a rules night, which is mandatory for all new members.
- As the main organiser (Aideen Rogers) is a professional golfer. I have a lot of useful advice on every aspect of the game of golf.
- And maybe more importantly this is a great way of meeting new friends and making new aquaintances!